We have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Cape Cod. Whether it’s done through our individual business practices or selling energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits all year long.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on your climate. The styles below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Visit your Cape Cod Pella Showroom to learn about more of our insulating glass styles or our recommendations for the Cape Cod region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between two or more glass panes to provide extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room in the winter; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Cape Cod Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.