Fall is coming quickly in Cape Cod, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the best time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the feel of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to consider when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are many ways to produce levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Cape Cod a call at 508-638-5897 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!